Everyone wants to look great and stay fit at the same time. To achieve this goal you need to take care of your food and the calories that you take in. It is really not that easy to get a healthy body only through exercises. Whatever may be your age, count your calories to stay away from obesity and other diseases.
Following a low-calorie diet chart will enable you to enjoy most of your desserts that you cannot stay without. Would you like to stay away from your favorite chocolate pudding cakes and cheesy delights that you enjoy after dinner nearly everyday? Surely not! There are different types of low-calorie desserts that you can cook or bake to appease your cravings for sweets. Try out the below recipe and enjoy!
Vanilla Tapioca Pudding with Berry Compote
This exotic low-calorie dessert is made from low-fat and low-calorie ingredients like
For the Compote you will need:
- Frozen strawberries or raspberries that are cooled, thawed and the moisture drained out.
- Sugar substitute in place of table sugar.
For the pudding the ingredients required are:
- Low fat skimmed milk.
- Sugar substitute.
- Tapioca that cooks fast.
- Unsalted butter or margarine.
- Vanilla extract
How to prepare:
- To make the Compote, take a small bowl and keep the washed and dried berries in it.
- Now add the sugar substitute and stir once or twice. Allow the sugar to melt and mix with the berries completely.
- Now cover the bowl and refrigerate it.
- Now prepare the tapioca. In a saucepan mix egg, tapioca, sugar substitute and skimmed milk and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Place this mixture on medium flame and cook until it comes to a boiling point.
- Stir continuously and then reduce heat to cook on low flame till it becomes thick.
- Take a medium bowl and scrape the contents of the saucepan into it.
- Add low-fat butter or margarine and vanilla extract to it whisking it now and then.
- You can serve this dessert hot after adding the cooled cherries or if you want to have it cold, pour the contents in separate pudding bowls and allow it to cool in the refrigerator.
- Before serving add the berries to get the crispy and tangy taste with sweetness in between.
To stay on a low-calorie diet, always opt for the non-sweetened products and fruits that will give a boost to your energy level and your skin will look lustrous.