Certain ailments like cardiac problems, diabetes and obesity have become quite disturbing in today’s world. Often you will hear people complaining about obesity and increasing weight without any reasons. Actually there are certain causes for these problems and they are namely eating too much of carbohydrates and fatty foods that are not utilized by the body or they are in excess compared to your requirements. So doctors advice to go for low-calorie diets.
You can prepare wonderful desserts and other dishes using low-calorie ingredients like low-fat butter or olive oil, fat free milk, granulated sugar or sugar substitutes and various types of fruits and nuts that are delicious and supply the required nutrients to the body. You will find exotic recipes that are easy to prepare and nutritious too. Most of the ingredients are readily available in most household especially where people follow a low calorie diet regime.
Here is a low-calorie dessert recipe that you can prepare in your kitchen.
Pretzel Truffles and Peanut Butter
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter made naturally.
- ¼ cup salted pretzels
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips.
- Chop the pretzels in to fine pieces.
- Take a large bowl and combine peanut butter and pretzel pieces.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes till firm.
- Now scoop out about 1 teaspoon of the mixture and roll into 20 balls.
- Take a baking sheet and line it with parchment or wax paper and place the balls on it.
- Put the tray into the freezer and keep for 1 hour till the balls become firm.
- Now roll the balls in melted chocolate. You can use unsweetened or dark chocolate.
- Refrigerate again until the chocolate becomes firm as a coating over the peanut butter and pretzel balls.
- You can melt the chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir the melted chocolate every 20 seconds.
You can make 20 truffles from the entire mixture. You can serve this anytime to everyone and see his or her sparkling eyes and happy smiles. You might be thinking about the calorie contents of peanut butter and chocolate. These are extremely low in calorie contents and the chocolate is fat-free and sugar-free too. So there are no chances of adding fat or extra calories from this exotic dessert. Enjoy every bite of the juicy peanut and pretzel truffles with a free mind.