You may appear fit and strong, but inside your body there are certain anomalies that only a test can tell you what foods you must avoid to actually stay healthy and free from diseases. Celiac is one of those ailments that advice one to avoid gluten. So before you prepare any food you must know what is gluten and how to prepare tasty gluten-free desserts.
Gluten is a special protein that is found in wheat, barley and rye. It creates the binding in the foods that is made with wheat flour, barley or rye. If you have been detected with Celiac disease, then you have to stay away from foods that contain gluten. But that does not mean you have to stay away from the yummy desserts that you enjoy everyday after meals.
Some of the common desserts like Cheesecake, Maple-Pecan Pie and Walnut-Apple Crisp etc do not use wheat flour, barley and other ingredients that have gluten content. Try one of the gluten-free dessert recipes for sweet indulgences.
Ingredients required to make this amazing dessert are:
- Granulated sugar 2/3 cup
- Cornstarch 2 tablespoons
- Salt 1/8 teaspoon
- Egg yolks 4 large
- Pure Vanilla extract ½ teaspoon
- Bitter- sweet chocolate 6 ounces
- Unsweetened cocoa powder ½ teaspoon
- Milk 3 cups
- Take a medium size saucepan.
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch, milk and a pinch of salt stirring well so that lumps are not formed.
- Beat the egg yolks and milk in another bowl till it is fluffy.
- Combine the beaten egg contents with the previously prepared cornstarch smooth paste well.
- Next cook the entire mixture over low-medium flame. Stir continuously with a wooden spatula until it becomes thick. It takes about 12 to 15 minutes to get the perfect content. Remove from heat.
- Add the vanilla and chocolate to the mixture stirring till the chocolate melts and mixes completely.
- Now pour the contents into glasses or tea cups or any other small serving bowls and refrigerate them covered for minimum 2 hours and more.
Now your Chocolate Pots are ready to serve. Before serving, you can sprinkle cocoa powder or sugar dust to get the finishing looks.
Such an attractive dessert is sure to be appreciated by every member of the family. And you can also stay tension-free for you have used the healthiest gluten-free ingredients to prepare this exotic dessert.