Excess fats and carbohydrates are not at all good for health. Whether you are a man or a woman, an athlete or a businessman, an elderly person or a young man, fats are harmful for all. Since you cannot count the calories of the foods that you eat especially when you are busy and have the tasty burgers and pizzas, you overlook the fact that they are causing injury to your health unknowingly.
To stay away from diseases like diabetes, obesity, heart diseases or cancer, you must make it a point to have fat-free foods. But it is not necessary to curb all your desserts and favorite delicacies. You can always enjoy your desserts by preparing g them with low fat ingredients. Try to use a lot of fresh fruits in your desserts as they have natural sugar and cleansing agents and are low in fat contents.
Today, you will find numerous recipes of low-fat desserts that are easy to prepare and most of the ingredients are readily available at the stores in your locality or even in your kitchen closet.
Here is a low fat dessert recipe for you to try.
Pineapple and Coconut Punch
- 1 packet sponge cake.
- 2 tablespoons orange juice.
- 3 tablespoons apricot spread.
- Cleaned and peeled pineapple
- Flaked coconut
- First cut the pineapple into rings. Remove the eyes clearly.
- Take a baking tray and grease it with margarine or spread out a large cookie sheet.
- Place one layer of sponge cake on the tray and brush it with 2 to 4 tablespoons of orange juice.
- Then spread the apricot spread over the sponge cake.
- Arrange the pineapple rings over the sponge cake and apricot spread.
- Repeat the process once more and put it in the oven to bake.
- Check often to see if the pineapple pieces are turning brown at the edges.
- Take it out from the oven and sprinkle coconut shreds over the pineapple.
- Put it back to the oven and bake till the coconuts turn light brown.
- Remove from the oven and slide it onto a serving plate.
- Sprinkle confectioners’ sugar before serving.
The low-sugar dessert is ready to serve. This is tastiest when served warm. Enjoy this dessert with your family and you can serve every member as it is low fat and low sugar as well.