The keynote to healthy living is moderation. If the food that you eat is according to your ability to digest and use it for the maintenance of health, then you will not become an easy prey to diseases. Yet, there are times, when you fall ill and may be diagnosed with serious ailments like diabetes and heart diseases. But the fact still remains the same. You need to stay on a calorie-conscious diet and consume that are good for your health.
If you are preparing desserts for a person who has heart problem, what you need to consider is the ingredients that you use to cook the food or the dessert. There are certain vegetables and fruits, flours and sugar, milk and cream that are not at all injurious for the heart. So pick up those elements and prepare the tastiest of heart healthy desserts and be happy with what you eat and what you serve.
Here is a wonderful brownie recipe for you to try out and enjoy.
- ½ cup self-rising flour/ wheat flour/oats flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2/3 cups sugar substitute/ granulated sugar
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cups cocoa nibs
- 3 tablespoons chocolate liquor
- Cooking spray
- Coarsely chopped roasted almonds (salted)
- Powdered sugar for garnishing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Take a bowl and put every ingredient like cocoa, sugar and flour in the right amount by measuring with a dry measuring cup and combine them well.
- In a separate bowl, first beat the egg whites till foamy.
- Add chocolate liquor and canola oil stirring with a whisk.
- Next combine the egg mixture and flour mixture together till it is moist.
- Fold in the cocoa nibs.
- Take small cookie cups and sprinkle cooking spray on them.
- Pour the batter into each one evenly.
- Sprinkle the chopped almonds and bake for 8 minutes.
- Take out from oven and let them cool on wire racks.
- Dust powdered sugar if you desire.
Your tasty brownies are ready to serve. Just take a bite yourself and feel the crispy outer coating and the soft and spongy inside of the brownie bites. These brownies are tasty and heart healthy and so you can easily enjoy one or two pieces even as snacks.