To maintain good health it is very important that we eat fruits of all kinds. Every fruit has its own goodness and nutrients that will benefit you in some way or the other. But the problem is that there are very few people especially youngsters who enjoy fruits. So it is your duty to find out ways to make the fruits get into your kids’ bodies so that they stay healthy and fit and grow up into strong people.
Do you love to spend some time in the kitchen? If your answer is yes, then here is a yummy recipe with fruit that will amaze all at home.
2. 6 tablespoons sugar or honey
3. Juice of 2 lemons.
4. 2 vanilla beans.
5. 2 packets of liquid pectin.
How to prepare:
• In a small saucepan, pour enough water to sterilize 4 half pint jars and a boiling water bath canner.
• Wash, clean and dice the peaches.
• In another bowl, combine the honey and peaches.
• Open out the vanilla beans, scrape out the seeds and add the entire amount to the peaches and honey mix and stir well.
• Now take the entire mixture and place on low medium heat and cook slowly.
• Allow the honey and peaches sit for at least 10 to 15 minutes, so that the honey can help make the peaches juicy.
• The peaches will break down and will look like thick jam.
• Taste the jam and see if you need to add flavor to it. You can use lemon zest now so that it tastes both sweet and tangy.
• Remove the pan from the heat. Take out the vanilla bean and set aside.
• With a funnel, pour the jam into prepared jars.
• Now wipe rims, apply lids and rings, and process in a boiling water bath canner for 10 minutes.
• When the time is up, remove jars from the canner and place them on a folded kitchen towel to cool.
Your peach vanilla jam is ready. When it is cool, check the seals. You can keep a bottle for regular use and store the others for at least a year. But the seals must be perfect. Such delicacies are really not difficult to prepare and both children and adults love the taste. You an use it over breads, as ice cream toppings, dessert mix and other ways you prefer.