Always remember to pick and choose your ingredients when coking or baking sugar-free desserts so that they are low in calories and carbohydrates. Do not use table sugar at all. Try to include fruits of some kind or the other in the diabetic desserts. When a dessert is prepared with the healthiest ingredients, you can surely enjoy your desserts freely as they are designed for diabetic patients and also people with heart or obesity problems.
Here is a recipe that you may like. It is an Italian classic treat with espresso-soaked ladyfingers with raspberries and reduced fat-cram cheese and light sour cream. Try it out and enjoy the yummy tangy taste of this diabetic dessert.
- 6 halves of cubed ladyfingers.
- 2 tablespoons of espresso.
- ¼ cup reduced fat cream cheese.
- ¼ cup light dairy sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup raspberries
- Fresh mint sprigs or raspberries.
- Divide half of the ladyfinger cubes among 5 to 6 oz dessert dishes.
- Drizzle the cubes with half of espresso and set aside.
- In a bowl, stir the cream cheese to make it soft.
- Add sour cream, sugar substitute and vanilla and beat it well till smooth and soft.
- Stir in the ¼ cup raspberries and mash slightly with a wooden spoon.
- Now pour half of the cream cheese mixture over the ladyfinger cubes.
- Add the rest of the ladyfingers.
- Drizzle with remaining espresso.
- Top it up with the remaining cheese cream and cover it.
- Put it in the refrigerator to chill for 1 to 8 hours.
- Serve with fresh mint sprigs or raspberries.
This dessert tastes the best when chilled. So prepare it long before so that it is absolutely perfect when you serve after dinner. This is one of the easiest sugar-free and diabetic dessert recipes that you can prepare anytime and keep it ready. When buying the ingredients make sure that they the flour is not the regular flour but whole-wheat flour or oats flour that are gluten-free. The sugar used is also the sugar substitute and not table sugar. Select low fat cream cheese and skimmed milk sour cream so that it is full of the right ingredients for a diabetic and other patients and everyone can enjoy with a guilt-free mind.