There are certain fruits like blueberries that are very good for the heart. So when you prepare desserts that need to focus on heart health, try to use blueberries, raspberries and other fresh fruits more than any fatty ingredients. Nowadays, we often hear even young people having heart problems. It is all because we are not at all cautious abut what we eat. A good and healthy diet can also be delicious.
When you are young you think that you can eat whatever you want. But that is a wrong notion. The body can utilize that amount of fats and carbohydrates that it requires. The excess is stored as fat and when this fat becomes over-saturated your blood cholesterol rises to affect your heart. Too much of anything is injurious to health. So count your calories before you have your meals and snacks everyday to avid heart problems.
Most homes love to end their supper with a delicious dessert. So when you need to prepare a heat healthy dessert, know about the ingredients that you should avoid and then proceed. Here is a recipe that is tasty and is good for the heart also.
Blueberry Coffee Cake
- All-purpose flour (gluten-free)
- Baking powder.
- Baking soda;
- Granulated sugar.
- Low-fat butter.
- Vanilla extract
- Fresh blueberries
- Low-fat buttermilk.
- Cooking Spray
- Turbinated sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt stirring evenly.
- In a bowl, place the softened butter and granulated sugar and mix them well in a mixer.
- Now add the eggs, and vanilla extract and beat well so that they blend completely.
- Next add the flour contents and butter milk alternately into the egg mixture little by little while beating them continuously so that lumps are not formed.
- In a 9 inches round baking pan that has been greased with cooking spray, pour half of the batter and arrange the blueberries on top of it.
- Repeat the process by pouring the batter and then the blueberries.
- Now bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
- The cake is ready now. You have to cool it on a wire rack and before serving you can decorate it with chopped blueberries. If you serve the kids, top it up with cake shortenings and nuts to make it more nutritious for kids.
If you spend only an hour in your kitchen, you can come up with different kinds of specialties and heart healthy dessert recipes for everyone.