Health conscious people always avoid foods that contain saturated fats. These fats cannot be digested and if you cannot burn out all the excess fats that you consume, they tend to accumulate in and around your abdomen and lower parts of the body. You tend to grow fatter and overweight problems creep up slowly. So it is really best to stay on a low-fat diet. In that way you can enjoy all your favorite foods and also the delicious desserts that you love.
Before you prepare any dessert, you must know a little about the calorie counts of every ingredient that you use. Go for the low fat and less calorie ingredients like fruits, fat-free milk or skimmed milk, margarine in place of butter, sugar substitutes and such others. A perfect blend of the low-fat ingredients can give you the tastiest of desserts that you can think of.
Here is a low-fat dessert recipe that you can try out and enjoy its sweetness without the fear of extra calories.
Custard Pudding with Yummy Nuts
- 3 cups skimmed milk.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons custard powder (vanilla flavor)
- 2 tablespoons sugar substitute.
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- A handful of raisins.
- 3 to 4 chopped cherries (for garnishing)
- In a saucepan add the sugar and bring the milk to boil and then lower the flame stirring to melt the sugar.
- In a small cup of milk, add the custard powder and blend it well.
- Now pour the custard powder into the warm milk and stir continuously so that lumps are not formed. Let it simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes until it begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- In another bowl beat the eggs well and add half of the chopped almonds and raisins.
- When the milk cools down, add the beaten eggs and combine well till smooth.
- In a baking bowl add the entire contents and bake for about 10 minutes monitoring often to see it has settled.
- Now bring it out of the oven, add the remaining almonds and raisins and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Your custard pudding is ready to serve. Use the finely cut cherries as garnishing or scrape some dark chocolate to give it a new look. This is surely a low-fat dessert that everyone can enjoy after supper.