It is Christmas and celebration time. So get ready to bake some of the most delicious cakes at home and enjoy with your family and friends. One thing that you need to do is keep all your baking equipments ready along with all other ingredients like flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar or sugar substitutes, vanilla essence etc. so that whenever you want to surprise someone, you can come up with a new dessert.
You can prepare a marvelous caramel cake for the coming Christmas celebrations, that is not only delicious but one of the most loved cakes among all dessert lovers. Here is the recipe for you to try out.
1. 16 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
2. 3¼ cups cake flour
3. 1 tbsp. baking powder
4. ½ tsp. salt
5. 6¼ cups sugar
6. 2 tsp. vanilla extract
7. 4 eggs
8. 1¼ cups milk
9. 16 tbsp. salted butter
10. 2 12-oz. cans evaporated milk
How to prepare:
• Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
• Take 2 round cake pans of 9 inches and grease them with 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter.
• Dust the pans with 11/2 tablespoons of flour and then tap out the excess flour and set aside.
• Now in a bowl sift the flour, salt and baking powder well and keep it aside.
• In a mixer, beat the unsalted butter and 2 1/2 cups sugar until it is fluffy.
• Add vanilla and eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
• Add flour mixture and milk alternately in 3 batches and beating smooth after each addition.
• Divide batter between pans.
• Bake until golden, 30–35 minutes.
• Let cool on a rack for 10 minutes and then remove cakes and allow cooling completely. Slice tops of cakes to level them.
• Prepare the icing by mixing salted butter and sugar over high heat till light brown.
• Add the evaporated milk in low heat and cook for 8 to 10 minutes stirring continuously till smooth. Let the icing reach 240 degrees.
• Remove from heat and beat until thick and glossy for 20 to 25 minutes.
• Now to set the cake properly, ice the bottom layer of cake, top with the second layer and apply the icing on the outside.
• Chill the cake till it sets well.
Your caramel cake is ready to serve now.