Nature provides us with all kinds of foods that are good for the health. Man has modified these natural ingredients in his own ways to prepare various types of delicacies and different cuisines according to his taste. So if you use simple fruits and vegetables in their purest forms you will get all the nourishment that you need to stay healthy and carry out all your work successfully.
Pollution has increased a lot in modern days and it is a problem that is being faced by people around the world. Various diseases and ailments are crumbling the society. So it is absolutely necessary to pick and choose your foods especially if you are suffering from heart problems, diabetes and others. But it does not mean that you have to give up your favorite desserts. Prepare them with the heart healthy ingredients like fruits and low fat items and enjoy your desserts regularly.
Here is a heart healthy dessert recipe that you can easily prepare.
Blueberry Lemon Muffins
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt.
- 1/3 cup skimmed milk.
- 1 egg.
- 1/3 cup canola oil.
- 1 ¾ cups wheat-flour.
- ½ cup sugar substitute.
- ½ teaspoon vanilla.
- ½ teaspoon baking soda.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- ¼ teaspoon salt.
- ¾ cups fresh blueberries.
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Take a 12 muffin pan and spread paper liners or spray light oil and keep aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg, yogurt, sugar, zest, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt on the wet egg mixture.
- Now fold all the ingredients together but do not make the mixture too soft.
- Gently add the blueberries and pour into the muffin cups.
- Bake for about 25 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Take it out when done and let it cool for some time.
- Take out the muffins and arrange them in a serving dish and sprinkle sugar dust over them.
Your heart healthy blueberry muffins are ready to serve. Using some kind of berries like strawberries, blackberries or cranberries give your desserts a sweet and tangy taste that everyone likes. Since this dessert is low in calories and is made with low fat yogurt, sugar substitute even a diabetic or an obese patient can enjoy it freely apart from a cardiac patient.