When you are health conscious and wish to maintain your weight and figure, you must take extra care of the foods that you eat. They should be rich in the essential elements that provide nutrition and protection also from various diseases. Things are not a problem for kids or teenagers, but for those who have a tendency to grow fat and are not serious about their fitness and exercises, must have low fat foods especially the desserts.
Usually desserts are made from full-cream milk, cream, butter etc that have high fat contents. But if you wish to prepare low-fat desserts there are amazing recipes that are equally tasty and satisfying for all dessert lovers. First of all, you need to choose the ingredients that are low in fats and carbohydrates and the other items that help to prepare your yummy dessert.
Baking is easy and can be done with fat-free ingredients. Use juicy fruits and low-fat cream and spread a warm feeling at the end of meals. Here is a low fat dessert recipe for you to prepare.
Dried Cherry and Pear Crunches
- ½ cup gluten-free flour or all purpose flour
- ½ cup dried cherries
- ¾ cup low fat or skimmed milk.
- ¾ cup low fat unsweetened cream
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract.
- ¼ cup sugar substitute
- Unsalted butter.
- 1 large pear/
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Take a medium bowl and put the cherries into it covering with boiling water. Let the cherries become fat and plump and then remove.
- In another bowl blend butter, flour, milk, eggs, vanilla extract, cream and salt until smooth.
- Smear a tart dish or a pie plate with butter and dust little flour on it.
- Now arrange the lengthwise cut pears in the plate and pour the batter over it.
- Drain out all the water from the cherries and sprinkle them all over the batter.
- Now bake for about 25 minutes. Take it out and allow it to settle for 15 minutes.
- Cut into wedges.
Your dessert is ready to serve. You can sprinkle sugar dust or chocolate dust too for a new look. It is so tasty and juicy that all your guests and family members will surely ask for more.