You must be quite familiar with crumbles and how tasty they are. They are easy to prepare and can be presented with a choice of various fruits and is hence considered as a versatile pudding. Soft warm fruits topped with crunchy bits are a delicacy that you can enjoy anytime. The most common crumbles are the apple crumble, blackberry crumble, raspberry crumble and other luscious fruits.
Here is a recipe of Cherry and Plum Crumbles for you to try out.
For the fruits:
1. 4 plums, pitted and chopped into small dices (about 1 cup)
2. 1 cup fresh cherries, halved and pitted
3. 1/4 cup honey
4. Zest of one lemon
5. 2 tablespoons lemon juice
6. 2 tablespoons cornstarch
For the crumble:
7. 1/2-cup light brown sugar or even sugar substitute.
8. 1/3-cup millet flour or any other gluten-free flour.
9. 1-teaspoon cardamom powder
10. 6 tablespoons butter, cold
How to prepare the fruits:
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
• Take a large mixing bowl and combine the fruits with the lemon zest and lemon juice, honey and cornstarch.
• If you are using a spoon to mix them, see that all the fruits are coated well or else you can use your hands to combine them well.
• Prepare the baking tray now.
• Line the tray with foil or parchment paper.
• Divide the ramekins into 4 or 5 parts and place them on the baking tray over the foil as the juices from the fruits may come out and leak into the tray. The parchment absorbs this juice.
• Keep it aside now.
How to prepare the crumble:
• Take a medium bowl.
• Toss together the sugar, millet flour or any other flour that use wish to use and cardamom powder.
• Cut the butter into small pieces and add to the flour mix.
• Mix with your fingertips until you get a mixture that resembles coarse crumbs.
• Divide the topping with a fork on top of the dishes so that they are evenly distributed.
• Bake for 20-30 minutes on the top shelf until the topping is golden brown.
Now serve the delicacy your way. It will surely win the hearts of all your family members, as this is indeed a juicy treat. You can add a dollop of ice cream to them especially for the kids. Thy will simply love it.