It is absolutely important that you include a lot of salads in your diet. They supply a lot of nutrients that you need to stay healthy and fit. Fresh radish and watercress is extremely healthy as it packed with a lot of goodness and the refreshing feel adds to the taste of these elements.
Salads can be prepared in numerous ways with same ingredients. It is your innovative idea that can present salads as the most yummy and interesting dishes even for the young ones. The colorful combination is really attractive. Try out the recipe and enjoy then taste of freshness.
Refreshing Daikon Radish and Watercress Salad
1. 1/2 daikon radish (8-inch piece)
2. 1 bunch red radishes (about 8)
3. 2 carrots
4. 1 small bunch watercress
5. 1 small ripe avocado
6. 1/2 pomegranate
7. Vinaigrette of your choice
How to prepare the salad:
• First wash the carrots and radish very well especially if you are buying from the fresh markets.
• Cut the radish and carrots into thin slices. You can use a mandolin to cut them as they come out very fine and even.
• Wash the watercress first and dry them with tissue by patting them to draw out the moisture or water that is in them.
• Next cut the avocados into small square pieces of the same size.
• Take out the seeds from the pomegranate.
• Take a large bowl that has a flat surface.
• Now arrange all the ingredients in the spread out plate or bowl. You can use separate bowls to serve separately.
• Drizzle the contents with vinaigrette.
Your salad is ready to serve. Did this take much time? Surely not and especially if you have all the fresh ingredients ready at hand, it is a matter of few minutes. You can have it for lunch too or any time between meals. It is full of vitamins and minerals and is also fat free. For those who are on a diet to reduce weight or simply to stay fit and slim, this is one of the healthiest salads that you can have. The different colors make them look so interesting and attractive that kids too enjoy having this salad and unknowingly do good to their health. You can try out this salad with other fresh vegetables too that you can blanch a little and simple fruits like strawberries or blackberries can add color to your salad.