Desserts need not always be high in calories or fats and sugar contents. They can be prepared with the healthiest of ingredients like fruits and sugar substitutes and gluten free flour. Gluten present in wheat, barley and rye are harmful for people with celiac diseases. It affects the intestines and is extremely harmful especially for those who cannot digest this protein called gluten.
If you and your family members are fond of desserts you should store some of the ingredients like coconut flour, almond flour etc that are gluten free so that you can prepare amazing desserts without the fear of having desserts that might be bad for you. Here is a tasty gluten-free dessert where pears have been used in a different way. Try out this recipe and have fun serving it to your dear ones.
Poached Pears with Chocolate Sauce and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
1. 6 juicy pears.
2. 2 tablespoon cider spice mix.
3. Juice of 1 lemon.
4. 4 oz semisweet dark chocolate.
5. 1 cup low fat heavy cream.
6. 1 teaspoon honey.
7. 500ml cream.
8. 1 cup milk.
9. 1cup granulated sugar
10. 1 vanilla bean.
• Take a saucepan and place the pears, spice mix and the lemon juice and enough water to cover the pears and boil for about 15 to 20 minutes in medium high heat and then lower the heat till the pears are soft.
• Remove from the saucepan and allow the pears to cool and dry on a baking rack.
• Now you need to prepare the chocolate sauce. Keep the chocolate in a bowl.
• In a heavy saucepan, simmer the cream and honey over medium high heat.
• When they mix properly pour the mixture over the chocolate.
• Allow the chocolate to melt for about 5 minutes. Then stir slowly to make a delicious chocolate sauce.
• In a large saucepan, combine the milk, cream and sugar.
• Cut the Vanilla bean and scrape out the pulp and add to the pot.
• Now simmer the mixture till the sugar melts.
• Remove from fire and let it cool.
• Strain the contents and refrigerate overnight.
• Now prepare the ice cream in your ice cream maker.
• Take a fine plate, place vanilla ice cream and place the pear erect on it. Pour the chocolate sauce over it and then put a dollop of ice cream to top it up.
This is surely going to be a wonderful treat for all dessert lovers.