Fruits as we all know are the healthiest of foods that keep you strong, fit and free from various diseases. Most of us enjoy desserts nearly everyday after meals. But with what ingredients do you use to prepare them? If you have diabetic person or a cardiac patient or anyone you have to pick and choose your ingredients so that are gluten-free and sugar-free and low in fat contents.
Gluten is a type of protein found in wheat, barley and rye. Although it helps to bind the entire contents, those who are suffering from celiac problems, cannot absorb the proteins in them and the small intestine gets affected. Then they lose the ability to absorb other important nutrients from the food like calcium, iron etc. Hence it is your duty to use gluten-free ingredients in the foods that you prepare.
However, eliminating gluten does not imply that you have to forget your favorite desserts. Nowadays everything is possible if you are a bit careful and innovative as well. You can serve exotic gluten-free desserts without anyone knowing about it. Even a small slice of chocolate cake or just a spoonful of ice cream is enough to satisfy those who have a sweet tooth and have a craving for desserts after meals especially dinner.
There are many gluten-free dessert recipes that are really delicious like the cheesecake, cookies with chocolate chips flourless chocolate cake, blackberry cobbler and others. If you wish to serve a healthier dessert with fruits and prepare it within a short time, here is a yummy gluten-free dessert recipe that you can try out.
- Lemon 1
- Orange 1
- Vanilla beans ¼ teaspoon
- Vanilla extract
- Cinnamon 1 stick
- Cloves 5
- Sugar ¾ cup
- Ripe pears 4
- Red wine 1 ½ cups
- First prepare juice from the lemon and half portion of the orange.
- In a small size saucepan, mix the juices of lemon and orange, red wine, sugar or sugar substitute, vanilla beans, cloves and cinnamon sticks.
- Add the pears in this mixture and boil the entire content gradually reducing the heat.
- Simmer uncovered turning the pears now and then till they are soft. It will take about 25 minutes to get that softness.
- Remove the pears from the pan and place each one on separate plates.
- Remove the spices and orange shreds and simmer the liquid till you get syrup that looks more like honey.
- Now pour the sauce over the poached pears and serve.
This is a delicious and healthy gluten-free dessert that everyone will like. You can try with other fruits also.