You must have prepared quite a few tartlets before. But have you tasted this bacon and onion tartlet with the flavor of parsley? Try this recipe and see how it appreciated by everyone around.
Bacon, onion and parsley tartlets
Ingredients for the piecrust:
1. 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2. 1/4 tsp salt
3. 5 tablespoons cold butter cut into small slices.
4. ¼ cup ice cold water
How to make the crust:
• Mix together the flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
• Cut in the butter until the mixture forms pea-sized pieces.
• Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of water over the flour mixture and toss with fork until moistened.
• Repeat with the remaining water, one tablespoon at a time and gather the dough into a ball with your hand.
• Wrap into a sheet of plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
• Roll dough on a lightly floured surface until it is about 12 inches in diameter.
• Cut out six 4-inch circles onto the dough and press them into the tartlet.
• Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
For the Filling you need:
1. 6 slices bacon
2. 4 stalks green onion, sliced entirely
3. 1/3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
4. 3 eggs, slightly beaten
5. 1 ½ cups milk
6. Pinch of salt
7. ¼ teaspoon black pepper
8. 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
• Preheat oven to 350F.
• In a medium sauté pan set over medium heat, cook the bacon slices until crispy brown.
• Crumble them and set aside.
• Place the wiped pan back over medium heat and cook the green onion for a couple of minutes.
• Divide the bacon, onion and parsley evenly among the tartlets and place them on a baking sheet.
• In a bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper until combined and slowly pour the mixture over the tartlets.
• Divide the cheese evenly in between the tarts and bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
• Let cool.
Your tartlets are ready. They are best enjoyed when served at room temperature.