Today most people are health conscious and wish to stay fit and slim throughout life. So they maintain a fitness regime and adhere to a balanced diet that keeps them away from diseases like obesity and diabetes. Fats are required to enhance energy levels and also to keep the skin and hair in good order. But unhealthy fats lead to various health problems when you need to stay away from all your favorite foods and desserts.
But things have changed a lot and many people prepare delicious desserts using fat-free ingredients like margarine in place of butter, sugar substitutes in place of table sugar, low-fat milk etc. and end the meals in an elegant way. Try out the fat-free dessert and appease your sweet tooth.
Poached Pears with Amazing Raspberry Sauce
For this yummy dessert you will require:
- Sweet ripe pears.
- Small lemon.
- Fresh or frozen raspberries that have reached room temperature.
- Sugar substitutes
- Black-currant or orange flavor
- Mint sprigs for decoration.
Method of preparation:
- With a small knife, remove the cores from the bottom of the pears.
- Peel the pears but keeping the stem.
- Rub the pears with lemon juice and sprinkle with sugar substitute powder.
- Now place the pears in a glass pie plate and put little water on it and cook till the pears become soft.
- Transfer the pears with the stems of the pears standing up to dessert plates and keep them aside.
For the Raspberry Sauce:
- In a blender, put the fresh red raspberries after removing the seeds.
- Blend it at high speed to get a smooth and thick raspberry puree.
- Keep the sugar substitute in a bowl and pour the raspberry puree into it and stir well till it mixes properly.
- To get a special flavor, you can add the orange or blackcurrant flavor to this mixture.
Your dessert is ready. You can serve it hot or cold as you wish. Take small transparent bowls. Then place the pears with their tails standing up and with a spoon cover the pears with the bright red raspberry sauce. Garnish with mint sprigs and raspberries that were kept aside. The color combination of pears and raspberry sauce attracts everybody irrespective of age.
This dessert is sure to melt the hearts of even the toughest of men. The healthy fat-free dessert can be prepared within an hour and surprise your guests.