It is really not so difficult to prepare a gluten-free dessert for the celiac patients and all others who are not aware of the condition of their own gluten status on health. It is best to prepare various desserts with ingredients that are gluten-free like almond flour, millet flour etc and other items that will make it a delicious treat after any meal.
Most often, nutritionist’s advised to include fruits in our diets especially in desserts so that we do have to use much of table sugar when preparing desserts. It is not very good to take a lot of sugar even if you are not diabetic as it causes other problems too like obesity etc. So to surprise your family members and your guests, prepare this healthy dessert with one of the tastiest fruits and gluten-free ingredients.
Apple Tart with the taste of lemon and apricot
For the crust:
1. 2 cups millet flour.
2. 1 ½ cups almond flour.
3. ½ teaspoon sea salt.
4. ½ cup coconut oil.
5. ½ cup maple syrup
For the filling:
1. 4 apples.
2. 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
3. 2 tablespoon maple syrup.
4. 3 tablespoons sliced almonds.
5. ½ cup gluten-free apricot jam.
6. 2 tablespoons water.
7. 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
• To make the crust, preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
• Combine the millet flour, salt and almond flour.
• Heat coconut oil and maple syrup over low flame and mix well. Add this to the flour mixture and combine well to make soft dough.
• Oil a tart pan and spread the dough evenly. Press the sides to make a crust.
• Now bake for 15 minutes till it is properly baked piercing the crust often to check.
• Remove from the oven and flatten the crust to give it a compact shape.
For the filling, peel and cut the apples into thin slices and keep them in a pan. Mix the lemon juice and maple syrup and brush over the slices of apples. Sprinkle the finely chopped almonds and bake for about an hour, till the apples become a little brown. Now take a small pan and mix the apricot jam and water and cook over low flame till the preserves become thin. Remove from heat and add lemon juice according to taste. Strain through a strainer so that there are no apricot chunks.
Brush the tarts with this glaze and serve warm. It is an amazing gluten-free dessert that everyone will love.