Macarons are a delicacy of France that has become a favorite of food connoisseurs over the world. They are double-flavored meringues sandwiched together with an awesome filling. The flavors and the fillings vary according to taste. It is a good idea to practice it before so that you can serve the perfect heart-shaped macarons on the special day.
1. 212 grams confectioners’ sugar.
2. 212 grams almond meal.
3. 82 grams and 90 grams egg whites separately divided.
4. 236 grams granulated sugar and a pinch more.
5. 158 grams water.
6. Butter-cream icing or prepared icing bought from the store.
How to prepare:
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
• In a parchment sheet, trace small cups to make the guides for piping the macrons. This will be used to line the cookie sheet.
• Take a large bowl and whisk together the almond oatmeal and confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
• In the center pour 82 grams of egg whites and blend evenly. When it becomes like a paste set it aside.
• Now in a small saucepan mix the water and sugar and heat till it reaches 200 degrees F.
• Now mix the remaining egg whites and a pinch of sugar in a mixer until you get soft peaks.
• Keep heating the syrup till it reaches 248 degrees F.
• Turn the mixer on at medium speed and slowly pour the syrup sliding down the sides of the mixer bowl.
• Now increase the speed of the mixer and blend well so that glossy and stiff peaks are formed.
• Next fold about 1/3 of the meringue into the almond paste. Add slowly to get the proper consistency of the macron batter. It will become smooth and look like ribbons when pulled up by the spoon.
• Pour the batter into a piping bag with a no. 12 tip and pipe it onto the parchment paper.
• Allow the batter to settle for about 5 to 10 minutes before baking.
• Now bake for 9 to 12 minutes until the cookies are ready at the bottom and the tops have settled.
• Allow to cool on the parchment paper for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
• Take one cookie and spread icing on its bottom and use another one to make a sandwich.
• For decoration you can attach small heart-shaped red sprinkles with the left-over meringue.
Your delicious and colorful Valentine’s Day Macarons are ready to serve.