We often hear people speaking about strict diets and low-calorie diets. But what is it that makes a food low in calories? Well, it is amount of fat that you consume is referred to as the calorie counts and the low the intake of fat, lower is the amount of fat in your foods. There are some foods that have saturated fats that are not easy to digest and are harmful for the body. Others are non-saturated low fat foods that are necessary for the working system of a body.
Fats supply energy to carry out all the activities and also maintain skin health. But excess fats are harmful and must be avoided in every way you can. So if you are fond of sweets and desserts use low fat ingredients to make your yummy desserts taste better and make you healthier. Here is a low-fat dessert recipe you can try out.
Light Chocolate Raspberry Trifle
This is an easy to make dessert that will take care of your heart and obesity.
- Angel food cake that you can bake at home.
- Fat-free chocolate pudding mix.
- Skimmed low-fat milk.
- Fresh raspberries.
- Fat-free whipped topping.
- Sugarless or semi-sweet baking chocolate.
- Prepare the pudding with the mix and skimmed milk. Make sure that the mix contains only sugar substitutes and not table sugar. When done, keep it aside.
- Keep aside some raspberries to use for garnishing.
- Now cut the angel cake into small pieces about 2 inches in size.
- Take a trifle bowl and place 1/3 of the cake pieces first and 1/3 of pudding on top of the pieces.
- Top it up with 1/3 of raspberries that are kept aside.
- Add 1/3 of the whipped topping on top of the raspberries and cakes.
- Repeat the layers, as many times you want dividing the entire contents equally before you start arranging the trifle.
- Grate the semi-sweet chocolate into tiny bits and sprinkle on the topmost layer of the dessert. If you wish you can add a crunchy wafer on the side of the trifle bowl.
- For the garnishing you can use the saved pudding and raspberries to make it look more attractive.
- Put it in the freezer for about 4 hours to get the best flavor.
This dessert is prepared fro fat-free and low-calorie ingredients especially thought-out for people suffering from obesity and diabetes.