Being a seafood lover, you must have tried a lot of dishes with crab cakes, isn’t it? Well, have you ever tried Lemon Dill sauce to savor crab cakes? Believe it or not, the addition of sauce to any seafood recipe no doubt gives rise to an awesome dining experience. Well, if you are making party plans, adding lemon dill sauce with crab cakes in the dinner menu list will be absolutely commendable. However, you need to prepare it with absolute perfection that can leave your guests satisfied at the dinner table.
So, if you have decided to prepare lemon dill sauce with crab cakes, you need to keep in mind that the entire preparation takes almost 2hr 40 minutes. Therefore, it’s better to start preparing the dish taking at least 3 hours in hand. Now, there will be two lists of ingredients – one for Lemon Dill sauce and the other for the crab cakes. The preparation methods will follow thereafter:
Ingredients for Lemon Dill sauce:
- Buttermilk – 1/4 cup
- Mayonnaise – 1 cup
- Fresh dill chopped leaves – 2 tablespoons
- Fresh parsley chopped leaves – 1 tablespoon
- Fresh lemon juice – 2 teaspoons
- Grated lemon zest – 1 tablespoon
Ingredients for Crab Cakes:
- Butter – 3 tablespoons
- Red bell pepper finely chopped – 2 tablespoons
- Fine chopped green onion – 1
- Heavy cream – 3 tablespoons
- Cayenne pepper
- Egg – 1
- Fresh parsley minced – 1/2 teaspoon
- Bread crumbs – 1 cup
- Parmesan grated – 1/4 cup
- White crabmeat – 1 pound to be picked free out of any bits of shell
- Dijon mustard – 1 tablespoon
- Garlic minced clove – 1
- Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons
Methods to Prepare Lemon Dill Sauce with Crab Cakes:
- For the sauce, take a bowl and merge all the ingredients in it. Once done, stir well and put it into refrigeration till it gets fully chilled. The more it chills, the more it thickens.
- Take 1 tablespoon of butter and melt it in a large skillet applying medium heat. Cook the bell pepper, onion and the garlic taking not more than 3 minutes. Add parsley, egg, mustard, cream, cayenne pepper along with half cup of bread crumbs. Mix thoroughly and then place the mixture in the crabmeat.
- Allot the mixture into 8 patties. Once done, get the remaining ½ cup of bread crumbs and mix it with the Parmesan. Apply the tapping on both sides of the patties and allow them to refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Take the oil along with the remaining butter in two tablespoons and combine it in the skillet. Take the mixture of hot oil-butter and sauté the crab cakes taking 3 minutes for each side till a golden brown tinge appears. Once confirmed, start serving the cakes dipping them each in the lemon dill sauce.
So, here comes your crab cakes recipe which you can now try for any party you wish. Happy dining!!