If you are fond of desserts and want to try out different recipes, there are amazing surprises waiting for you here. We all know about the innumerable types of ice creams like chocolate, strawberry, mango, butterscotch, vanilla, raspberry, blackcurrant and many others. But have you tasted the unique ice cream with a hint of ginger? If you want to prepare it at home try out the special recipe given below that is low in calories and is gluten-free.
Plum Crumbles and Ginger Ice Cream
For the plums:
1. 4 plums pitted and sliced thinly. Do not remove the skin.
2. 1/4-cup sugar or sugar substitute.
3. Zest of one lemon.
4. 2-tablespoons lemon juice
5. 2 tablespoons cornstarch
For the crumbles:
1. 3/4-cup brown rice flour.
2. ¾-cup millet flour.
3. ½-cup cornstarch.
4. A pinch of salt.
5. ¼-teaspoon cardamom powder.
6. 6 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine cold and cut into small pieces
7. ¼-cup sugar
How to prepare the plums and crumbles:
• In a mixing bowl combine the plums and all the ingredients and toss them well so that all the plums are coated with them.
• Divide the entire quantity into 4 to 6 ramekins and place on the baking sheet and the juices to drain out.
• In another large bowl, combine all the flour together along with a pinch of salt and grounded cardamom powder.
• Add the butter and sugar to the flour mixture and combine altogether with your fingers to make clusters of dough.
• Put in the refrigerator to cool well so that is easy to grate.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and keep the rack in the center. Now bake the plums. Before putting into the oven grate the crumbles over the ramekins and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
For the ice cream you can get the ready made ice cream mix and prepare it according to the instructions given adding only 2 teaspoons of fresh ginger juice or prepare it with low-fat milk and cream, vanilla essence and sugar substitutes using your ice cream maker. When done, put it the refrigerator to settle and cool completely. All the parts of your dessert are ready. Now serve the plum crumbles topped with ginger ice cream. You will love the taste, as it is a combination of sweet, sour and unique flavor that everyone is sure to enjoy.