Everyone desires a healthy and happy life and for that you need to work on it. The most important step towards a fit and disease-free life is taking care of your eating habits and life style. Eat low-calorie foods that are rich in the essential nutrients to give your body all that it requires for functioning properly and fighting diseases as well.
Today we find innumerable ingredients to cook up tasty dishes and awesome desserts that are sugar-free and low in calories. You cannot possibly give up your favorite desserts and so you need to prepare yummy desserts using fruits and other natural low calorie ingredients. Here is a recipe that you can try.
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour (white)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar or sugar substitutes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fat-free butter or margarine.
- 2 tablespoons ice water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons gelatin (unflavored)
- 3 cups fresh raspberries.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons softened fat-free cream cheese.
- First prepare the crust. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a food processor, add flour, pecans, nuts, water, vanilla extract, sugar, salt, butter, ice water and mix till you get soft dough.
- Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with light oil or cooking spray and transfer the dough into it. Spread it out evenly on the pan and press it so that it forms the bottom crust.
- Bake until it is set but not brown and then let it cool on a rack.
- For the filling, take a small bowl and put water sprinkling the gelatin over it and keep aside.
- Make a smooth puree of half the quantity of raspberries and pour it in a pan and stir the sugar into it cooking on low flame.
- Add the gelatin mixture and cook all the ingredients together stirring continuously for 1 minute.
- In a large bowl keep ice-cold water. In another smaller bowl pour the raspberry mixture and set it on the cold water. Refrigerate till it thickens like loose jam. Stir now and then to get the right consistency.
- Make a smooth batter of cream cheese, sugar and milk in a mixer.
- Spread the thick raspberry filling on the prepared crust, add cream cheese dollop over it and evenly place the cut berries on top of it.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours and then cut them into bars with a berry on top of every piece.
Serve the amazing raspberry bars and spread the message of love to your dear ones without hurting their low-calorie diet chart as it is less than 100 calories.