If you are a cardiac patient and have been advised to follow a strict diet chart, then you must be feeling very low. But do you know exactly why you have become a prey to this fatal problem? It is your eating habits and life style that is responsible for all kinds of health disorders. So count your calories right from the start so that you do not have to worry about every bite you take of your favorite desserts.
A change in life style, workouts and exercises and appropriate food can render the heart healthier than anyone. Whenever you prepare food for a heart patient or bake some desserts for dinner, pick and choose ingredients that do not have too much fat, carbohydrates or sugar contents. These ingredients tend to increase the cholesterol and blood sugar level that in turn harms the heart. It takes really nothing to prepare healthy desserts that will take care of the heart as well as the entire body.
If you are planning to bake a heart healthy dessert like a Coffee Cake with Cherries and Cream, then here is your recipe. You will really love the taste.
- Gluten-free flour.
- Sugar substitute or granulated sugar
- Fat-free butter or margarine.
- Baking Powder.
- Baking Soda.
- Reduced fat cream cheese.
- Skimmed milk.
- Vanilla Essence.
- Sugar-free raspberry jam.
- Fresh raspberries.
- In a large bowl make a smooth batter of cream cheese, granulated sugar and butter in an electric mixer at medium speed.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder and baking soda and keep aside.
- Add the eggs, flour and vanilla essence, salt and beat till all the ingredients are combined well. Mix well with the cheese, sugar and butter batter.
- In the baking tray or dish that has been greased, spread the batter evenly on the dish.
- Add the stirred raspberry jam in the batter and mix well with a thin spatula.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven (350 degrees F) and cook for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick into the center of the cake, to see if it is done properly.
- Cool the prepared cake in a rack.
Your dessert is ready to serve. Slice the cake into pieces and dust with powdered sugar decorating it with freshly cut raspberries. It is so delicious that you will hardly realize that it has only 150 calories. This dessert will appease your cravings for desserts and also take care of your heart’s health.