Sugar free desserts are the healthiest treats that you can enjoy to your heart’s content. They do not contain any of the ingredients that will either increase your sugar level or add extra calories to your diet. All you need to cook up the amazing sweet delicacies is to fortify your kitchen with the special ingredients that you need to prepare sugar free desserts.
Most people have the idea that sugarless desserts and ice creams cannot be as tasty as the normal ice creams. But once you try out such amazing sugar free desserts not knowing that they have been prepared without table sugar, you will not be able to distinguish the taste between the two. You will naturally ask for more. Try out the yummy sugar free chocolate ice cream and surprise all your guests.
Sugar Free Chocolate Ice Cream
1. 1 teaspoon plain gelatin.
2. 2 ½ cups low fat milk or skimmed milk.
3. ½ cup sugar free chocolate drink mix (readily available at the stores).
4. I cup hung curd or plain yogurt (strained).
5. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
6. 2 tablespoons sugar substitute.
7. A pinch of salt.
8. Tiny pieces of cherries for garnishing.
• In a small saucepan put the gelatin in ½ cup milk and allow it to become soft.
• Heat it over low flame or pour it in a microwaveable bowl and microwave at the lowest temperature till the gelatin melts completely.
• Remove from the heat and place it in cold water preferably ice water and cool the mixture till it comes to normal room temperature.
• Now pour the mixture into a blender or food processor.
• Add the remaining milk, chocolate mix, yogurt, salt, vanilla extract and sugar and blend it till smooth.
• Cover it and put in the refrigerator to chill.
• Take it out from the freezer and blend again for a few seconds.
• Pour the contents into the ice cream maker.
• Once ready pour into ice cream cups and freeze.
Your sugar free dessert is ready to serve. You can top the ice creams with cherries and wafers to get the professional look. You can serve this dessert to everybody as it contains the lowest of fat contents and is sugar free. It is safe for a diabetic, cardiac patient and all those who are in a low-calorie diet because of obesity.