All of us are aware of the tasty doughnuts that are available at the confectioners in numerous flavors and tastes. But have you tasted SMore’s doughnut? It is one of the tastiest treats that you loved during your childhood days and still would love to have a bite from it if you get hold of it. The best thing about this special type of doughnut is you will get in so many variations. Above all the flavor and texture is simply awesome.
So if you are planning to try out a new dessert recipe that is healthy as well as tasty, check this out.
Ingredients required for the doughnut:
1. 1 cup all-purpose flour
2. 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3. 1 teaspoon baking powder
4. 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
5. 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
6. 1/2 teaspoon salt
7. 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
8. 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
9. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
10. 1 large egg
11. 1/4 cup granulated sugar
12. 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
Ingredients for the icing:
13. 1 cup marshmallow fluff
14. 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
How to prepare:
• First prepare the doughnuts.
• Grease a 6-hole doughnut tin.
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
• Take a medium size bowl sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
• In another bowl, combine the butter, vanilla extract, egg, yogurt and sugar very well.
• Now make a hole in the center of the flour mix and pour the egg, butter etc mixture.
• Now mix everything together so that there are no lumps or streaks of flour till thick.
• Now pour the batter into a piping bag that has a small hole at the bottom of the bag in the corner.
• Squeeze out the batter evenly in the prepared doughnut tin.
• Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes till it is done and the doughnut springs up when you check it.
• Take out from the oven and allow to cool on wire racks.
Now prepare the frosting.
• In a microwave bowl, melt the marsh mellow fluff for about 40 seconds.
• Place the graham cracker crumbs in a shallow dish.
• Dip one side of the doughnut into the marsh mellow fluff and keep it on a cooling rack.
• Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
Your yummy doughnuts are ready to serve. So why wait? Start preparing it right away.