Cooking is an art and you can prepare awesome dishes by being a little innovative. If you wish to maintain the healthier aspects of your delicacies and desserts, keep in store the gluten-free flour, sugar substitutes, fresh fruits, vanilla extract and such other ingredients with which you can spice up the last bit of your meals in an interesting manner.
Even if you wish to use gluten-free breadcrumbs you can do so by toasting your gluten-free bread and process it to a fine powder. Here is an amazing gluten-free recipe that you can try. You will surely love it.
Scallops With Roasted Patty Pan Squash:
Ingredients for the roasted squash:
1. Assorted patty pan squashes or cut squash according to the number of members.
2. Salt & Pepper.
3. 2 tablespoons olive oil
Ingredients for the scallops:
4. 1/2 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
5. 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme.
6. 2 tablespoons finely shredded cheese.
7. Salt and pepper
8. 3 tomatoes, diced
9. 1/3 cup white wine
10. 20 to 24 scallops according to the size of the scallops.
How to prepare the vegetables:
• Preheat the oven to 400F.
• Take a medium bowl and toss together the vegetables, salt and pepper and olive oil.
• Place the vegetables in a baking dish or roasting pan and cook for about 20 minutes.
• Prepare the scallops in the meantime, if you wish complete cooking both at the same time.
How to prepare the scallops:
• In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, thyme, cheese and salt & pepper. Set aside while you prepare the rest of the dish.
• In a baking dish, place the tomatoes, white wine and top with the scallops.
• Spoon about one tablespoon of the breadcrumb mix on top of each.
• Lower the oven temperature to 375F and cook the scallops alongside the vegetables for about 10-12 minutes depending on their size until done.
• Remove both the scallops and vegetables from the oven and cool a little.
Your palate is ready to serve. Serve it warm, as it tastes best that way. We often forget that staying healthy does not mean that you have to forsake all the exotic foods that you enjoy. It is only important that you prepare all desserts and other items with ingredients that suit you the best and is prescribed for you.