Everybody loves the delicious cupcakes that are available at the confectioners especially the colorful ones like chocolate cupcakes, strawberry cupcakes and the lemon cupcakes. But these delicacies are neither gluten-free nor sugar-free. So it is not safe for individuals with celiac disease or a diabetic. Hence you can easily take some time out to prepare some of the shortcakes so that all the members of the family can enjoy them freely.
All you need to do is use the gluten-free flour to bake the cakes. Sugar can be substituted with sugar substitutes and you can use sugar-free chocolates and low fat cream and milk. If you are planning to give a surprise to your family prepare this Lemon Vanilla Cupcakes with gluten-free flour that is equally tasty as any other flour.
Lemon Vanilla Cupcakes
1. 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour.
2. ½ cup butter in room temperature.
3. ¼ teaspoon salt.
4. ¾ cup granulated sugar.
5. 3 eggs.
6. 1 Vanilla Bean.
7. Zest of 1 lemon.
8. 2 teaspoons baking powder.
9. ¼ cup milk or cream at room temperature.
10. 12 muffin cups.
11. 12 cupcake paper cases.
• Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C).
• In a bowl sieve the flour and baking powder and mix well. Keep aside.
• Ct the Vanilla Bean into half and scoop out the seeds.
• In another bowl, mix the butter, white sugar, eggs, vanilla seeds, lemon zest with a hand blender till it is smooth.
• Mix half the flour with this mixture and combine well so that lumps are not formed.
• Then add a little milk and rest of the flour to get the final batter. Make the batter smooth and fluffy so that the cakes rise.
• Now pour the batter ¾ full into the cupcake paper cases and put them in the oven to bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
• Check the cakes with a toothpick to see if they are properly done.
• When baked properly take them out from the oven and let them cool on a cooling rack.
Your lemon vanilla cupcakes are ready. Refrigerate for some time and then before serving cut a lemon into very thin slices and decorate the cupcakes with them. The dual taste of sugar and lemon gives a twist to this delicious cupcake that everyone loves. It is absolutely safe for celiac patients as there are no traces of gluten in this dessert.