A cinnamon roll is a sweet roll that is a favorite for breakfast in most parts of Europe and America. Its main ingredients are flour, cinnamon, sugar, and butter, which provide a unique flavor combined with sweetness. Since this is a common dessert, different persons make it differently. You can use yeast if you prefer and have enough time to let the dough to rise. The homemade cinnamon rolls are simply awesome and you cannot stop asking for more. Using yeast depends on your choice although bakers cannot think about preparing these rolls without yeast while some avoid it especially because they are sweet rolls.
Here is the best recipe of cinnamon rolls that you can try out.
Ingredients for the rolls
1. 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, plus extra for the counter
2. 2 Tablespoons white granulated sugar
3. 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
4. 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
5. 1/2 teaspoon salt
6. 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
7. 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the Cinnamon Filling:
8. 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
9. 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
10. 3 teaspoons grounded cinnamon
11. 1/8 teaspoon salt
12. 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
13. 8 oz cream cheese
14. 1/2 cup butter
15. 1-teaspoon vanilla
16. 3 cups confectioner’s sugar
17. 1/5 cup of milk
• Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Generously coat a 9 inch round cake pan and a wire cooling rack with vegetable oil spray.
• Make the filling: combine together the brown sugar, 1/4 cup granulated white sugar, cinnamon, salt, and the 1 Tablespoon melted butter until the mixture resembles wet sand.
• Make the dough: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour; 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
• In a separate bowl, whisk the buttermilk and 2 tablespoons of the melted butter together.
• Stir the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture with a wooden spoon until absorbed, about 30 seconds. The dough will look shaggy.
• Turn the dough out onto a generously floured counter and knead until smooth, about 1 minute.
• Press the dough out into a 9 by 12 inch rectangle using your hands.
• Brush the dough with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
• Sprinkle the dough evenly with the filling, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
• Press the filling firmly into the dough.
• Loosen the dough from the counter using a bench scraper or a metal spatula
• Starting at a long side, roll the dough, pressing lightly, to form a tight log.
• Pinch the seam to seal. Slice the dough into 8 even pieces.
• Place the slices in the greased pan.
• Brush with the remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter.
• Bake until the edges are golden brown, 20-25 minutes.
• Use a knife to loosen the buns from the pan.
• Flip the buns out onto the prepared wire rack, then turn buns upright and let cool for 10 minutes before frosting with cream cheese icing.
• Prepare the icing by mixing all ingredients until smooth.
All the parts are ready and now arrange them properly, cool and serve. If you are planning to add years mix it with the dough and set aside for hours to give it enough time to swell. You will however not know if the rolls have yeast in them or not. They are equally tasty. The cinnamon flavor and the sweet taste give this dessert a unique taste that is not available in any other sweet rolls.