Healthy living and enjoying life is the way to go in modern days. There is so much to do that unless you stay fit you cannot perform your duties well and fulfill your dreams. The problem of modern hectic life is that one gets very little time to prepare meals at home. And so eating out has become a habit for most people especially the young generation.
But very soon you will discover that all the tasty foods that appease your hunger and keep you full, are most often unhealthy and are the causes of various ailments that make you weak and unfit. So health conscious people go for a low calorie diet to stay good and look good too. And all those who love to savor sweets especially desserts, there is great news. You will no longer have to stay away from the yummy desserts that you love. Here is a marvelous low-calorie dessert recipe that you can enjoy safely.
Peach Up-Side Down Cake
- Fresh peaches large ones.
- White sugar substitutes.
- Unsalted butter or margarine.
- Flour (not white flour)
- Baking powder.
- Baking soda.
- Grounded cinnamon.
- Low-fat buttermilk.
- Canola Oil
- Vanilla extract.
- Almond extract
- Steam the peaches so that the skin comes out. Then peel out the skin properly and cut into halves and pit the peaches.
- In a 9-inches skillet, melt the butter or margarine and sugar over medium heat and then add the peaches to the skillet, placing the cut side up, in one layer.
- Remove from heat and keep aside.
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients like flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and keep it aside.
- In a mixer, combine the sugar substitute, butter or margarine and oil till smooth.
- Add the egg, vanilla and almond extracts and put in the mixer at low speed till all the ingredients turn to a smooth consistency.
- Now add buttermilk and the prepared flour mixture beating until smooth.
- With a spoon spread the batter smoothly over the arranged peaches in the skillet and place it in the oven at 375 degrees and bake.
- Check with a cake tester and when it comes out clean, it is done.
- Now allow the cake to cool on a wire rack. Loosen the sides and insert the cake with the peaches on top.
Your Peach Upside Down Cake is ready o serve. Since all the ingredients are low in calories and uses fat free oil, this dessert is best suited for all low-calorie dessert lovers.