When you have a diabetic in your home or one who is on a strict obesity diet, spend a little time in the kitchen and you will find marvelous desserts to serve them without adding sugar or saturated fats and carbohydrates. Actually the meal plan of a diabetic should always be measured in the amount of calories and fatty foods that are being consumed. Create a balance in the meals. If you have more of carbohydrates one day, avoid the dessert for supper on that particular day.
But if you find that you cannot stay without a spoonful of dessert after your meal, then restrict your carbohydrate and fat intake in the regular diet so that you can have your daily share of dessert that is prepared with low-fat and sugar-free ingredients. Here is a delicious dessert recipe that will take care of your high blood sugar and also your palette.
Fresh Dates and Healthy Fruits with Low-fat Yogurt
- Maple Syrup
- Sugar substitutes.
- Low-fat yogurt.
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Always get fresh fruits and not the canned ones. Wash thoroughly and cut into small pieces. Deseed the dates and cut them finely.
- In a bowl, keep the yogurt and add sugar substitute or Maple syrup and whisk to form a thick and smooth lather.
- In another decorative bowl place all the fruits except the dates.
- Pour the whipped yogurt over the fruits and cover them evenly.
- Sprinkle the shredded dates.
- Put it in the refrigerator to cool.
Your low-sugar dessert is ready to serve a diabetic and also those on a fat-free diet. Everyone can enjoy this dessert, as it is full of all the goodness of fruits and yogurt. You can avoid using sugar substitute if you use Maple syrup. The sweetness of the fruits is just enough to give you a sweet and tangy taste that will surely give a perfect end to your dinner.
Making diabetic desserts is like cooking or baking an entire range of yummy foods without adding table sugar and using the low-fat ingredients like skimmed milk, sugar substitutes and a lot of freshly plucked fruits. Pick your fruits that have natural sugar and are fresh but have low calories. Less fat and less of sugar, will keep you strong and healthy for many years.