It is really a pleasure to see every member of the family enjoying a dessert that you have prepared. Sometimes you need to cautious about the ingredients that you use so that it does not harm anybody like a diabetic or a celiac patient. Nowadays you can easily get the different types of ingredients that are healthy and so you can select the gluten-free ingredients and low fat and low sugar items to use in your desserts.
Have you tried out the Fiadone? It is a Corsican Dessert & a Giveaway, which you can prepare in your kitchen quite easily.
Fiadone, A Corsican Dessert & a Giveaway
1. ½- cup sugar or sugar substitute if you are calorie conscious.
2. 3 eggs
3. Zest of one lemon
4. 1-tablespoon cornstarch
5. A pinch of salt
5. 1 cup drained fissile or ricotta cheese
• Preheat the oven to 375F and keep the rack in the middle.
• Line a square pan of 8×8-inch with parchment paper and lightly butter it and set it aside.
• Take a large bowl and whisk the sugar and eggs till it become light.
• Now add the lemon zest, cornstarch and salt and combine thoroughly.
• Next add the drained out cheese and whisk well together.
• Now pour the mixture into your prepared pan, and place in the oven.
• Lower the heat to 350F and bake for 45 minutes.
• The cake does not rise but it becomes dark around the edges.
• Take a knife and insert in the middle to see if it comes out clean.
• Let it cool for a few minutes.
How to make the Fissile:
Take a large saucepan and heat 4 cups of milk and 1 cup of Greek yogurt until it reaches 30 degrees.
Collect rennet from the health food store. Place 6 drops in a large clean saucepan.
When the milk reaches normal temperature pour it into the saucepan with rennet. Turn it with a spoon made of wood and allow it to set for 6 hours and do not stir again.
Refrigerate it very carefully. Do not shake at all otherwise the yogurt may break before time.
The Fissile is ready to use after another 4 to 6 hours. You can drain it now and use it according to the consistency that you prefer.
This is a special dessert that you can try.