Nowadays we often hear of individuals suffering from Celiac disease. If the foods that are consumed regularly contain gluten in them, the disease aggravates and so it is more likely that such people had to stay away from items like bread, pizza etc that are made from wheat, barley, rye etc.
But nowadays there are various ingredients that do not contain gluten-the harmful element. Actually to bake some of the tastiest desserts, you need to use flour and it contains gluten, which gives the dough elasticity and help the bread to rise. Keeping in mind the harmful effects of gluten, you can easily prepare amazing desserts using gluten-free flour like almond flour, coconut flour and others. Here is a gluten-free dessert recipe that will satisfy your cravings for sweets.
Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake
1. ¼ cup coconut flour
2. 11/2 cups almond flour (blanched)
3. 2 tablespoons cocoa powder.
4. ¼ teaspoon sea salt
5. ½ teaspoon baking soda.
6. 3 eggs.
7. 2½ cups nectar or honey
8. 2 cups fresh heavy cream
9. 1-tablespoon vanilla extract.
10. 1-cup fresh strawberries cleaned and cut into slices.
• In a large bowl mix the coconut flour, blanched almond flour, cocoa powder, little salt and baking powder. Take care to combine all the ingredients well.
• Take another small bowl. In it combine the eggs and the nectar or honey whichever you wish to use.
• Now pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients in the bigger bowl. Mix it well to get a smooth batter.
• Prepare a baking tray by spreading a parchment paper.
• With a spoon, scoop 2 tablespoons batter and place on the baking tray.
• Bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
• When cooked, cool the biscuits and set aside.
• Take another large bowl and whip the cream, honey and vanilla extract.
• Cut the strawberries into slices of the same size. You can use other fresh fruits also of your choice.
• Cut the biscuits into horizontal halves.
• Place one half on the platter and top it up with a dollop of whipped cream and strawberries.
• Now cover it with the other half of the biscuit.
• Add more cream and strawberries.
Your healthy dessert is ready to serve. This is a gluten-free dessert that you can serve anyone with a free mind. It is tasty as well as healthy.