Sugar-free diet is recommended not only when you are a diabetic. Staying away from sugar helps you to stay healthier and fight innumerable diseases as well. Sugar adds extra fat to the body that cannot be digested well leading to obesity, mood swings, diabetes and even cancers and mental problems. When you can enjoy all your desserts without table sugar, then it is best to stay away from it so that you can enjoy all your favorite dishes just the way you like.
If you are interested to make or bake any dessert without the usual table sugar, there are endless sugar-free dessert recipes that you can easily prepare at home. Here is a yummy sugar-free cake recipe that will give you great satisfaction when you see your dear ones simply asking for more. Unknowingly they will have the healthiest dessert ever and thank you for the treat.
Sugar Free Carrot Cake
- 3 cups fresh grated carrots
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup agave
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (gluten-free is best)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Vegetable-oil/ margarine
- 3 cups sugar substitute/ white sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take a 9X13 inches pan and grease it margarine or vegetable oil and sprinkle flour over it and keep it aside.
- In a large bowl mix the eggs, oil/margarine, sugar and vanilla very well.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the grated carrots and pecans to the flour mix.
- Now add the flour mix little at a time into the egg mixture whisking continuously so that it turns out as a rich creamy batter.
- Pour the entire content of the bowl into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 40 to 50 minutes. Insert a toothpick to see if it is done. Your toothpick will come out clean once the baking is complete.
- Take it out from the oven and allow to cool.
- Then turn out onto a wire rack so that the cake is absolutely cool.
Your sugar-free carrot cake is ready to serve. You can decorate it with beaten sugar-free and fat-free cream and top it up with cherries. This is a healthy dessert as it is not only sugar-free but is also soy-free and dairy-free.