The Chantilly cake we make today belongs to the French dessert. So when talking about France, I believe that every woman has two dreams about Paris in their hearts. One is the Champs Elysees Street, and the other is in front of the dazzling dessert windows. If the French dessert is erased from the dessert world, then there maybe left only the black and white color in the dessert world.
Old traditional French dessert like Chantilly cake seems like the Plato in dessert world, the dessert culture after French dessert is only the supplementation and explanation of it. You are not likely to be accustomed with the noble and elegant temperament and the late style of France; however, it is just those elements that fostered the irreplaceable status of French dessert in the dessert world. In this instant consuming era, French dessert has the highest requirements on ingredients and every process.
Chantilly cake is like no other cakes such as cupcake or black forest cake or Tiramisu cake. What is more, Chantilly cake represents the French dessert of refinement and complex.
Recipe Of Chantilly Cake
Ingredients for sponge cake (6 inches): 13 eggs, 550g white sugar, 470g plain flour, 55g unsalted butter, 55g fresh milk, 40g liquid sugar
Syrup: 200g sugar water, 16g cherry brandy
Chantilly: 1000g fresh cream, 70g white sugar
Topping: fruits, quick-frozen raspberries
Procedures for making sponge cake:
- Firstly, combine eggs and white sugar and whisk until fluffy and keep heating around 104 F degrees.
- Secondly, stir in plain flour well. Then, mix melted butter, fresh milk and liquid sugar together.
- Thirdly, blend mixture 1 and mixture 2, and cover the pan with baking paper and pour the batter into the pan, bake for 30 minutes at 356 F degrees.
Procedures for Chantilly:
- Add white sugar to the fresh cream and beat until stiff properly.
- Cut sponge cake neatly and tidy the shape well.
- Use the molds with different diameters to cut 4 slices of the sponge cake.
- Pour over the syrup on one of the cake slice, and cover it with Chantilly and top it with sliced strawberries.
- Cover the Chantilly cake with another layer of cake that has been poured with Chantilly. And then pour over the syrup.
- Cover the top with Chantilly and decorate with fruits and sugar.
Review Of Chantilly Cake
Soft and loose vanilla sponge cake mixes with high quality French cream, combined with cherry brandy and raspberries collide out sour and sweet flavor that bestrewed every pore of the Chantilly cake. And every bite of the Chantilly cake fulfills a dense feeling of happiness.
If you want to combine cupcakes with French Chantilly, then the recipe below would give you a perfect way to unite the American style and French style.
Recipe Of Chantilly Cupcakes
Ingredients for the cake base: 150g butter, 70g sugar powder, 200g plain flour, 10g baking powder, 3 eggs, 100g milk, pinch vanilla, pinch salt and Rum
Ingredients for the Chantilly: light cream, fine sugar, vanilla extract
- Beat butter and sugar powder until fluffy. Then, add eggs one by one, while every time you should wait for the egg liquid dissolving fully into the mixture.
- Add in milk, Rum and vanilla extract. And then sift plain flour and baking powder and stir well.
- Pour the batter into the molds to the 70 percentage full. Next, preheat the oven to 356 F degrees and bake the cupcakes for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Whisk the light cream, sugar and vanilla extract into a bowl until clear lines show.
- Take the cupcakes out from the oven and decorate them with Chantilly filling after cooling.
Review Of Chantilly Cupcake
With dense Chantilly filling topped on the cupcake, this American style and French style of Chantilly cake is utterly suitable for a picnic. On a sunny day, cover the green grass with a picnic cloth and place the Chantilly cake on the top, and make sure to invite Alice to take part in your dinner, and rest assured that there is no magic that the Chantilly cake would change its sizes suddenly. Haha …
Conclusion of Chantilly Cake
The two recipes of Chantilly cake is coming after many repeated failures at the first stage of my baking career. I remembered that when I first made desserts, I choose to make Chantilly cake the first time, however, since I was a new hand at baking, and French dessert like the Chantilly cake is with high quality and requirements on ingredients and procedures, however, I made a mess totally. Nevertheless, I made it finally and above is the successful recipes coming out from my many trials.