Having diabetes or obesity problems does not imply that you have to forgo your desserts. Prepare delicious sugar-free sweet treats that are full of goodness of fruits and absolutely awesome. Include fruits like strawberries, cherries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries that are naturally sweet and rich in anti-oxidants.
Find out those ingredients that are low in calories and are fat-free. Sugar substitutes are easily available nowadays and the regular flour can be replaced by whole-wheat or oats flour and other types of flours that are gluten-free
Everyone loves Black Forest Cake and it is usually rich in butter, cream, sugar and other items that go to make this yummy treat. But do not worry. For all diabetic patients who are fond of desserts, here is a simple form of the same cake but with ingredients that are safe for diabetes.
Black Forest Cupcakes
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup granulated sugar/sugar substitute
- ¼ cup low calorie brown sugar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Cherry sauce
- 1 ½ cups fat-free, sugar-free dessert topping (whipped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare muffin cups or bake cups with light oil and sprinkle flour and keep aside.
- In a bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl beat together the buttermilk, sugar, oil, egg and the fruit liquor is you wish.
- Now combine both the mixtures and whisk well till it is smooth.
- Now pour into the prepared bake cups or muffin cups. But do not fill to the brim.
- Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes till done. Check with a knife to see if it is ready.
- Remove the cup cakes from the baking cups and allow to cool on wire racks.
- Prepare a cheery sauce by putting the cherries in a blender till the puree is thick. Now put it in a pan and add chopped cherries and sugar stirring it over low flame till it reaches the boiling point.
Your Black forest cup cakes are ready. Before serving, pour the cherry sauce on the halved cakes and decorate with sugar-free dessert topping. You will surely love to serve this dessert and those having it are sure to go crazy for more.