Baptism cake – Today we are going to make some baptism cakes for the new born babies.
It has been a traditional rite to give baptism to a new born child, that means the parents bring their new baby to the people they get aquatinted with just in order to let everybody know their baby and bless their baby. They want to make them love their baby just like loving their own kids, which is really a good fortune for the baby. Secondly, through the ceremony, especially through the prays of people together, the parents will be blessed and they will be safe and sound, and this is the moment the parents communicate with God, so it is an important step for the growth of spiritualism for the parents.
And, a baptism cake is a necessity for their new born baby to celebrate the day when their baby gets baptism. So today I gathered several baptism cake recipes as the tutorials of dessert recipes on baptism. Wish you could make them by your own hands to show a true blessing whatever to your baby or nephew or grandkid. Plus, the ingredients in this recipe of making baptism cakes are all on hand.
Recipe Of Grand Baptism Cake
Plain flour 500g
Sweet almonds 70g
Candied citron 100g
Candied orange 100g
Lemon peel 100g
Ground mace 3 oz
Grated nutmegs 2
Ground cloves pinch
- Sift the plain flour and separate the egg yolks and egg whites. And then beat them respectively into 2 bowls. Next, add a few drops of water when crashing the almonds. And slice the candied peel orderly. Following, soften the butter and mix it with sugar. Beat the egg whites until fluffy and blend them with sugar and butter.
- Whisk the egg yolks for about 10 minutes and mix it with the flour, nutmegs, cloves and mace.
- Mix all the mixture above together for at least 30 minutes. And then, softly blend the almonds, candied peel and currants with the brandy and wine. Next, cover the pan with a sliver paper that is brushed with butter. Then, bake the mixture at 325 F degrees for about 5 – 6 hours. Do make sure to place a layer of baking paper on the top of the mixture in prevention of burning.
- Top the baptism cake with almond frosting and sugar frosting.
Review Of The Grand Baptism Cake
The grand baptism cake is so large that every one in the church to see your baby’s baptism ceremony would enjoy it very much after the rite. The baptism is meaningful to a family and especially to the baby of the family who is given baptism. And the baptism cake is representing the happiest moment after the rite, just to celebrate the success of the baptism ceremony. The baptism cake tastes so sweet and you can taste a kind of happiness flavor in it and even the kind blessings from God. It is really a sacred moment because you are kind of communicating with God, and it seems like you are purified together with the baby.
Recipe Of Sponge Baptism Cake
Egg yolks 4
Plain flour 300g
Sugar 1 cup
Baking powder 11/4 teaspoons
Cold water 3 tablespoons
Salt 1/4 teaspoon
Corn starch 11/2 tablespoons
Egg whites 4
Lemon extract 1 teaspoon
- Whisk egg yolks with water until it turns a color of the lemon and thick.
- Add sugar slowly and gradually, and then beat for another 2 minutes.
- Pour the corn starch in a cup and mix it with plain flour until the cup is filled.
- Sift the corn starch and plain flour and then mix them with the baking powder and salt.
- Add the egg and sugar into the mixture above.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. And then add the whisked egg whites into the mixture.
- Lastly, bake the baptism cake at 325 F degrees for about 30 minutes.
Review Of The Sponge Baptism Cake
This sponge baptism cake has a dense flavor of the egg with taste so fine and sticky. Spoon a sponge baptism cake into your mouth, the frosting is melted warm in your mouth. Soft cake mixed with sweet frosting, and combine with the fragrance of lemon, you will feel a sort of happiness melting in your mouth and even your heart. Yes, that is the holy moment! You have caught that moment and you would reminisce the day and the moment for your whole life, when it is the time you are closer and closer to God.
Conclusion For The Baptism Cake
So how you treat the baptism ceremony distinguishes you from false Christians. A normal Christian would make fewer things that are probably offending God, but more things to accord with God. And a normal Christian would spread Gospel to the other people, and to witness the redeeming grace of God. They would love to share trust and hope and joy to convert to God. At last, a normal Christian would see the baptism as the dividing line in his or her own life. Used to live for their own pleasures, he or she devotes themselves to the glory of God after the baptism.
Thus, a real Christian won’t refuse to be given baptism; he or she is devotional to the “life career” of converting to God. A baptism ceremony is a very important step to lead a Christian to be by God’s side.