Diabetes has become a common problem around the world. The percentage of diabetic patients has increased rapidly in recent times. The main reasons for it are food habits and unhealthy lifestyle. There are also other causes for diabetes like heredity and mostly stress and tension. It is a very harmful disease and affects every part of the body including the heart. Hence it is necessary to deal with diabetes as soon as it is diagnosed.
Most people have desserts after meal to end it up in a sweet way. You must be thinking that a diabetes patient should stay away from sweets and high calories. It is true indeed! However, it is not absolutely true also. Nowadays, we use various types of sugar free ingredients and sugar substitutes to prepare delicious sugar-free desserts. There are exotic desserts that satisfy your sweet tooth while taking care of your health.
Banana Cake with Cinnamon and Chocolate
- 2 cups all-purpose flour.
- ½ cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar.
- ½ cup brown sugar.
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder.
- 1-teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- ½ teaspoon salt.
- ½ teaspoon baking soda.
- ¾ cup skimmed or fat-free milk.
- 2 eggs.
- ½ cup frozen egg product.
- 2/3 cup mashed banana
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 oz dark chocolate
- ¼ cup half-and-half
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix the flours, granulated and brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon powder and mix very well.
- In another bowl, add all the eggs, vanilla, banana and oil and combine.
- Now beat these ingredients in an electric mixture till smooth.
- Mix the flour mixture with the egg mixture and combine evenly till fluffy and hills are formed.
- In a pan smear the oil and dust flour on it and pour the entire mixture into the baking tray, spreading it evenly.
- Bake for about 45 to 55 minutes till the cake is done. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave bowl, combine the dark chocolate and half-and-half and microwave for 5 minutes stirring constantly to get a smooth consistency.
- Now add the topping of chocolate on the prepared cake and refrigerate to make the coating become stiff and steady.
You delicious diabetic recipe is ready to serve. If you wish you can decorate with an olive leaf and red chopped berries.