Are you health conscious and aversive of excess sugar or fatty foods or do you have a diabetic in your family who is fond of desserts? Then just chill! Follow the sugar free desserts recipe guides and you can prepare some of the best of desserts without a pinch of table sugar and other high calorie ingredients. It is not that only diabetics should stay on a sugar free diet. If you are overweight, or have a tendency towards gaining weight anytime, then you too must stay away from sugary foods.
Some of the healthy sugar free desserts are so delicious that you will hardly realize that it does not contain sugar at all. Artificial sweeteners or sugar substitutes are also avoided in the recipes but they taste awesome. Try out this sugar free dessert and you will surely praise yourself that you prepared it.
Melon and Apple Treat
1. 4 cups cubed ripe melon.
2. 1 cup sugar free or unsweetened apple juice.
3. ¼ cup lime juice.
4. 1 cup fresh blueberries.
5. 1 cup fresh raspberries.
6. Fresh mint leaves or figs for garnishing.
• Wash and cut the melon into small pieces and keep in the blender.
• Peel off the apples and extract juice or you can use unsweetened apple juice available at the store. Pour it into the blender.
• Now add lemon juice and combine in the blender to make a smooth puree.
• Pour the mixture into a metal pan or a 9 inch by 13 inch glass and put it in the freezer on a plain surface so that the mixture settles properly.
• Take it out every 30 minutes and scrape the frozen edges with a fork and push towards the soft center.
• Crush if any lumps are formed.
• Let the mixture become firm and take it out after 3 or 4 hours.
• Now break the frozen contents into small pieces and keep them in airtight containers and freeze for another 1 hour.
• Take out the container an hour before serving to make the dessert soft and yummy.
• Scoop out and serve in decorative bowls and sprinkle blueberries and raspberries with a mint leaf to give an attractive look.
Your relatives and guests are sure to love this delicious sugar free dessert that has all the goodness of fruits. Since the sweetness comes from natural fruits such desserts are very safe for diabetics.