If you have an ice cream maker at home it is simply a matter of minutes. You can prepare awesome ice creams of innumerable varieties. The taste of your ice creams usually varies due to the milk that you use. Raw full cream milk obtained from cows that graze in green fields are naturally healthier and tastier than the commercialized milk that are processed to a great extent. So if you want a healthy dessert use this category of milk that is good for the kids especially.
Adding fruits to ice creams is nothing new and the flavor of fresh strawberries is simply amazing. Prepare your wholesome ice creams at home and enjoy every scoop.
Strawberry Vanilla Ice Cream
1. 1 pound fresh strawberries, chopped into 1 inch pieces (preferably organic)
2. 1/2 cup pure honey
3. 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
4. 1 1/2 cups raw cream unadulterated or processed.
5. 1/2 cup raw milk
6. 2 pinches Celtic sea salt
7. 2 egg yolks
8. 1 vanilla bean.
How to prepare:
• Place ice cream maker canister in freezer to chill. Chill according to your model as some require longer time to chill.
• Place chopped strawberries into a large bowl, add honey and lemon juice, and mash with fork or potato masher until strawberries begin to break down and release juices.
• Set aside for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
• Cut vanilla pod open with kitchen shears and scrape out the inside. Discard the pod.
• In a blender, combine cream, milk, scraped vanilla beans without the pods, egg yolks, salt, and half of strawberry mash and process until smooth.
• Add remaining strawberry mash and keep the entire mixture in the refrigerator to chill.
• Now pour the chilled mixture into the ice cream canister.
• Process for 25 to 35 minutes.
Your strawberry ice cream is ready to serve. Since the ingredients were already chilled, you can serve immediately. You can store in the refrigerator too and serve in small decorative cups adding nuts or shredded chocolates or even strawberry wafers. It is sure to make every smile their biggest smile. In place of strawberries, you can use other fruits too. Raspberries or blackberries too taste delicious especially when prepared at home with fresh ingredients and the love and care that you add to the desserts give them a super taste.