It is real fun baking cakes especially when everybody is around. Using fruits in desserts is considered as a healthy habit and so your peach chamomile mousse cakes will delight everyone with its juicy and unique flavor blended with chamomile.
Try out the recipe and delight yourself.
Ingredients for the chamomile and peach mousse:
1. 1.5 tablespoons powdered gelatin
2. 7 tablespoons water
3. 2 cups (500 ml) heavy cream
4. 6 egg yolks
5. 1/2 cup (100 gr) sugar
6. 2 tablespoons dried organic chamomile buds
7. 3/4 to 1 cup peach puree.
How to prepare the cakes:
• Preheat oven to 300F and keep a rack in the center.
• In a bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients for the cake. Set aside.
• In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites and the milk.
• Slowly add in the egg white mixture stirring with a whisk.
• Add lemon juice, zest and the olive oil. Mix with a whisk until smooth.
• Line a quarter sheet pan with parchment paper, lightly spray with cooking spray and pour in the batter.
• Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes back clean. Let cool and cut out four 3-inch rounds to fit your cake rings.
• Line 4 cake rings with plastic sheets cut to fit and place your cake bases at the bottom.
• Place the rings on a baking tray and set aside.
How to prepare the mousse:
• In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over 2 tablespoons of water and let stand.
• In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment beat the cream until it holds soft peaks and then chill it.
• In a heavy saucepan, stir together 5 tablespoons of water, sugar and chamomile buds.
• Bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir occasionally until the sugar is dissolved.
• Let it boil and bring the mixture to 238° F.
• Strain the syrup to remove the chamomile over a container with a spout.
• In the clean bowl of your mixer, still using the whisk attachment, beat the yolks slightly to break them up. Increase the speed to medium high and slowly pour the hot syrup over the yolks.
• Dissolve the gelatin in the microwave for 10-12 seconds and quickly add it to the pate a bombe. Continue to whip until the mass is completely cold and airy.
• Fold about one third of the base into the chilled whipped cream to loosen it up and make it easier to incorporate. Fold in the remaining pate a bombe.
• Divide the mixture in half and carefully fold the peach puree into one part. Spoon the chamomile mousse over the cake base and do the same with the peach mousse. Refrigerate or freeze until set.
Your dessert is now ready to serve. Enjoy!