Living healthy is not as difficult as you may think. Follow simple rules of restrictions while enjoying everything. Eating in moderation is the key to good health. If one can follow this basic norm, he/she will hardly become ill or suffer from serious diseases that would restrict many kinds of food.
However with age, there are certain elements in food that have to be reduced to maintain immunity of the body so that even if you fall sick, you will not have to be in bed for long. Most of us love desserts especially after dinner. This is the best time when you sit together with your family and enjoy yourself. So here is a healthy dessert recipe that you can try this weekend.
Mango And Vanilla Bean Buttermilk Panna Cottas
1. 1-cup mango puree
2. 1 tablespoon water
3. 1 3/4 teaspoons powdered gelatin
4. 1 vanilla bean
5. 1 cup heavy cream
6. 1/4 cup sugar or sugar substitute
7. 1-cup whole buttermilk or low fat buttermilk.
How to prepare
• You can make the mango puree at home or use prepared mango puree available at the stores.
• Divide the puree into 4 ramekins or glasses.
• Take a small saucepan or you can use the ramekins also to prepare the gelatin. Pour water over the gelatin and allow it to bloom.
• To prepare the cream, take a flat surface or board, and cut the vanilla bean lengthwise just to open it and not into complete halves.
• Scrape off the seeds from the pod and keep aside.
• In a medium size saucepan heat the heavy cream with the sugar and vanilla bean seeds until it is just about to boil.
• Stir constantly so that the sugar dissolves completely.
• Remove from heat and add the gelatin combining till it melts completely.
• Let this mixture cool for about 10 minutes and then add the buttermilk.
• Allow it to cool for sometime till it reaches the room temperature.
• Once it is cooled, pour it over the mango puree set in the glasses and refrigerate for minimum 2 hours and better overnight.
Your mango and vanilla bean buttermilk is ready. You can serve with chopped pistachios or meringue cookies and other things that you find interesting and suits this dessert. Your visitors will surely ask for another helping so be prepared for it. It is really a yummy dessert that no one can resist.