As the name tells you that this delicacy is served with tea, but the yummy taste will urge to have it now and again. So why not prepare the dessert at home and enjoy with family and friends? Here is the recipe.
Ingredients required for the streusel:
1. 1 cup unsalted butter.
2. 2 cups flour
3. ¾ cup dark brown sugar
4. 1 tsp ground cinnamon
5. ½ tsp ground ginger
6. ½ tsp ground cardamom
7. ½ tsp ground allspice
8. ¼ tsp salt
9. Vegetable cooking oil or spray
10. 2 ½ cups flour
11. 1 tsp baking powder
12. ½ tsp baking soda
13. 1 tsp ground cinnamon
14. 1 tsp ground allspice
15. ½ tsp salt
16. ¾ cup unsalted butter
17. 1 cup dark brown sugar
18. 3 eggs
19. 1 ¼ cup full fat plain yogurt
20. 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
21. 1 tablespoon freshly brewed coffee
22. About 2 tablespoons coffee
23. 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
• Combine flour, brown sugar, spices and salt in a bowl.
• Cut in butter with knives or a pastry cutter until you have a texture resembling coarse crumbs. Set aside.
• Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray or coat a 10″ nonstick angel-food cake or bund cake pan with cooking spray.
• Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
• In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip butter on medium high for about 2 minutes until pale.
• Add sugar and whip until fluffy for 2 more minutes.
• Reduce speed to medium and add eggs, one at a time, mixing well in between each addition.
• Reduce speed to low and add yogurt and flour mixtures, alternating between them.
• Add vanilla and mix to combine.
• Next, spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with ½ of prepared streusel.
• Top with the other ½ of the batter and top that with the remaining ½ of the streusel.
• Bake cake placing the baking tray in the center of preheated oven until golden brown.
• Knife or use cake tester to see if the cake comes out clean, after about about 60 minutes.
• Remove from oven, transfer pan to cooling rack and allow cooling for at least 15 minutes.
• Remove from pan and allow cooling completely before serving.
• Stir the coffee into the sugar, adding more, a few drops at a time, as needed.
• The icing is of the proper consistency when it coats the spoon. Drizzle over cooled cake and serve.
Your chai coffee cake is ready to serve that will leave the guests astonished.