Ice Creams are a favorite of most people around the world irrespective of age. Even elders are seen enjoying a scoop after dinner. We often use various flavors and different fruits to bring a new taste to the regular ice cream. But if you are interested to make something new and unique, you must try out this amazing recipe and feel really proud that you tried it out.
Saffron is a well known spice that is not available everywhere and it is quite costly. A pinch of saffron to your simple ice cream can turn the heads of all who have it. If you have not used this flavor in your desserts before try out the following dessert first and then invite your friends.
Cardamom and Saffron Ice Cream
1. 1 cup Whole Milk
2. 1 cup Heavy Cream
3. ½ teaspoons Saffron Threads
4. 6 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
5. 4 whole Egg Yolks
6. 1 teaspoon Ground Cardamom.
7. ½ cups Shelled Pistachio.
• In a small saucepan combine milk, cream and saffron.
• Over a low flame, bring it to a rolling boil.
• Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool. You can leave this mixture overnight in the refrigerator also. .
• Take a separate bowl and whisk together the sugar, egg yolks till well combined.
• Take out the milk and cream mixture from the refrigerator before you start your work so that it comes to room temperature.
• Next, boil the milk and cream mixture again.
• When a little cool, add it to the sugar and egg yolks that you have already combined.
• Continuously whisk so that the eggs and the milk mixture blend absolutely well.
• Now place the entire contents in the saucepan over low heat and stir constantly until it reaches 170 degrees F.
• When it is ready you will see that the back of the spoon has a thin coating.
• Remove from heat and strain it through a sieve into a wide heatproof bowl over an ice-bath.
• Add the powdered cardamom and allow it to cool completely.
• Now pour the contents into your ice cream maker and complete the process accordingly.
• Refrigerate for a minimum of 3 to 4 hours to harden the content.
• Add the chopped pistachios before serving.
The color and aroma of saffron will give you the royal touch and the soft ice cream will simply melt in the mouth. .