The moment the doctors tell you to have a specific low-fat diet, you feel very sorry and all your energies vanish away. It seems like everything is finished. You cannot enjoy your favorite desserts and the foods that you have been fond of for so long any more.
But things are absolutely different nowadays. Staying fit is always possible if you count your calories and choose the tastiest of desserts and foods that have low fat contents. There are various dessert options that use low-fat ingredients to prepare the tastiest desserts that you can even think of. Are you fond of chocolates?
Here is a low-fat dessert recipe that is sure to please all dessert lovers.
Cream Puffs with Rich Chocolate Sauce
- 6 tablespoons margarine.
- 1cup all-purpose flour.
- 4 eggs.
- 4 oz chocolate (bittersweet)
- 1cup water.
- ½ cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar or sugar substitute (low-fat)
- Vanilla ice cream (low-fat, sugar-free)
- ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Cherries for toppings
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees F.
- Take a large cookie sheet and grease it with margarine and then sprinkle flour all over.
- In a pan, heat water, salt and butter till it melts.
- Remove from the heat and put the flour into it stirring vigorously to form balls and come from the sides of the pan.
- Beat the eggs one by one into the balls till they all become smooth and soft.
- On the cookie sheet, now drop the batter in large mounds at least 2 inches away from each other.
- Wet the fingertips with water and make good round shapes and round the top of the mounds.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the puffs turn deep brown.
- Remove from oven and poke on the walls of the balls to let the entire vapor to go out.
- Put the cookie sheet back into the oven and let it stand for 10 minutes until dry.
- Now take out the puffs and let them cool on wire racks.
- Now slice the balls into halves and remove any moist dough if left inside.
- Melt sugar in a saucepan, remove from fire and add the chocolate stirring continuously till smooth.
- Fill in one part of the cream puff with vanilla ice cream. Close the ball with the other half and then slowly pour the chocolate sauce before serving.
This is really the tastiest low-fat dessert that you can serve your loved ones.