We all are quite familiar with the term low-calories and use it almost regularly. But do you know exactly what it implies? It denotes those foods that are very or extremely low in energy consumption. When there is excess intake of energy giving foods and fatty items, they are not burned out by the body and therefore lead to weight gain and obesity. Hence most celebrities follow a low calorie diet routine to maintain their fitness and energy level to feel healthy and look good as well.
There are many benefits of having low calorie diets especially the low-calorie sweeteners or sugar substitutes. Health professionals believe that ingredients that have fewer calories take care of both the psychological and physiological aspects of an individual. The main advantages enjoyed by staying on a healthy low calorie diet are weight reduction, management of diabetes, dental problems and other problems related to obesity. If you are light and fit, naturally you will feel better. When you can enjoy all that you love to eat by using low calorie ingredients, then why invite health problems?
Here is a delicious low-calorie dessert recipe that you will not only love to have but will enjoy preparing it as well. It is an ideal summertime dessert like the creamy watermelon sherbet.
Iced Yogurt and Watermelon
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar substitute
- 4 cups seedless watermelon
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
How to prepare
- In a small saucepan, combine water and sugar and cook on high flame till the sugar dissolves.
- Pour it into a measuring cup made of glass and allow it to cool.
- Prepare a smooth watermelon puree in a blender in two batches.
- Transfer the puree into a large bowl.
- Add the cooled sugar syrup and the vanilla yogurt. Combine the limejuice with all these ingredients.
- Now take a fine mesh and through it pour the mixture into another bowl.
- Press out all the juice and remove the pulp.
- Now pour the smooth clear mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to directions.
Now your iced yogurt and watermelon is ready to serve. Take ice cream cups and scoop out the contents from the bowl and serve with chopped almonds or jelly drops or may be a crunchy wafer of vanilla flavor.