Baked and grilled foods are no doubted the tastiest and healthiest for everyone. These forms of cooking take care of your health in everyway. You do not require much oil to cook and spices used are also few. But they turn out to be extremely tasty. We always think about grilled chicken and at the most grilled or baked vegetables. But have you ever thought of grilled fruits?
Well, grilled fruits are absolutely yummy. Whenever you are preparing some dish especially desserts that are heart healthy, be careful about your ingredients. Try to introduce more of greens and berries of different kinds and the flour that you use must be gluten-free and fat-free. Low-fat cream or sour cream, skimmed milk and the like are best suited for making heart healthy desserts. You can even use chocolate sauce that sounds to be full of rich cream and fats, but when prepared the right way, is absolutely safe for heart patients.
Here is a heart healthy dessert that is grilled and contains juicy peaches and chocolate butter sauce.
Grilled Peaches Coated with Bourbon Sauce
- 2 ripe peaches
- 2 tablespoon low fat butter or margarine
- ¼ cup brown sugar or sugar substitute
- ¼ cup bourbon
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Whipped low fat cream or sugar-free vanilla ice cream for topping.
- Crunchy oat flakes or cornflakes
- Wash, clean and dry the peaches.
- You can peel the peaches or leave them as they are.
- Cut them into halves and clean the pit and keep aside.
- Take a bowl and combine the butter, sugar, cinnamon and bourbon over medium heat.
- Stir till the sugar melts completely and it becomes a rich hot and bubbly sauce.
- Pour the contents into a pitcher and keep it ready to serve.
- Brush a little oil or butter on the grill.
- Grill the peaches for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and your grilled peaches are ready.
- Now fill the halved pears with bourbon sauce and top them with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- Crumble the crunchy cornflakes or oats flakes into tiny pieces and sprinkle over the grilled peaches before serving.
Your grilled peaches dessert is ready to serve. It is best to have it warm, as the chocolate sauce tastes really fantastic.