If you have any member of your family who is suffering from Celiac disease, then you must be careful when preparing all kinds of foods for them. There are certain ingredients like wheat flour, barley, rye and others that contain a form of protein called gluten, which harms the lining of the small intestine and causes digestive disorders. The damage that gluten causes to the small intestines makes it hard to absorb some of the most important nutrients like calcium, iron and fats that are essential for the proper functioning of the body.
So it is very important that you select the right ingredients when making desserts and cookies to serve as desserts especially after dinner. Most people have the habit of ending their meals with a dessert. So when preparing the favorite desserts for the family where there is a celiac patient, you can try the gluten-free desserts. You will find innumerable gluten-free dessert recipes online and magazines to satisfy your sweet tooth. Here is a yummy dessert recipe that is free of gluten contents.
Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Unsalted butter 1 cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder ¼ cup
- Heavy cream 1 ¼ cups
- Bitter-sweet chocolate 8 ounces
- Eggs 5 large
- Granulated sugar 1 cup
- Sour cream 1/2cup
- Sugar dust or confectioner’s sugar ¼ cup
- Heat oven at 350 degrees F.
- Take a spring-foam pan and smear butter on it.
- Now sprinkle cocoa powder on the smeared pan.
- In a medium size saucepan, heat butter and with heavy cream on medium low flame till they blend.
- Next add chocolate and stir well till all the chocolate melts and mixes well to get a soft and smooth paste and keep it aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together granulated sugar, cocoa powder and eggs.
- Now add both the contents and beat them well to get a rich and creamy lather.
- Pour the batter in the baking pan and bake until it is well cooked. It will take 35 to 40 minutes to bake well.
- Let the cake cool down and run a stick or knife through the cake to see if it is done properly.
- In an electric mixer, pour the rich cream and add the confectioners’ sugar and blend until soft peaks are formed.
- As the topping, use the sweetened whipped cream.
- Dust cocoa powder and add a cherry in the center before serving.
This is one of the best gluten-free dessert recipe that will make you happy that your tried it out to enjoy the beaming smiles of your family members.