Fresh fruits and garden-grown vegetables are what one requires for toning up the body, staying healthy and looking strong and elegant. But often we have the urge to eat the tasty and junk foods that are full of unsaturated fats and high-calories. They taste really yummy but are not at all good for health. Since the extra fats are not easily digested and burned out they become the sources of health problems and you tend to grow fatter and become a prey to many diseases.
The best way to stay fit and slim is to follow a strict diet of low-calories if you wish to look really smart and feel strong from within. Counting your calories allows you to enjoy all your favorite foods especially the tasty delicacies. So search the Internet and find out the foods that are low in calories and those that will help you to reduce weight fast while enjoying your low-calorie desserts after every meal. Have you tried out this recipe?
Strawberries and Citrus Infusion
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier or Orange liquor
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Fresh cream or sugar-free ice cream.
- Fresh red cherries
Method of preparation:
- Wash and cut the fresh strawberries.
- Take a bowl and combine all the ingredients, strawberries and sugar substitute, orange liquor or Grand Marnier and the lemon juice.
- Let the mixture stand for about 10 minutes till the juice of the strawberries are released.
- If you are planning to use fresh cream, then add ½ teaspoon of vanilla essence and beat it till fluffy.
- Add the cream into the bowl and refrigerate.
Your low-calorie dessert is ready to serve. In small ice cream cups or fancy bowls, serve a large scoop of the yummy dessert and top it up with nuts and finely cut cherries. This low calorie dessert is not only tasty but offers great nutrition like Vitamin C and fibers of the fruits and nuts keep you healthy. The tangy taste of lemon adds a twist to the otherwise sweet dessert. To bring in new variations you can other fruits of your choice. The more fruits you include in your recipes, the healthier will be your desserts. Anyone can enjoy them, as they are low in calories but contain required nutrients for a healthy life.